February 1, 2010 by Alistair Deneys
Well, Sitecore has just announced the newest members of the MVP club. You can read all about the 2009 MVPs and the MVP programme in Sitecore’s press release which you can find here: http://www.sitecore.net/News/Press-releases/2009/Sitecore-MVPs.aspx.
I’d like to welcome to the club the following 2009 Sitecore MVPs.
- Guillaume Buat-Ménard from Aqueduct
- Jason Davey from Bullseye
- Sebastian Winslow from Codehouse
- Stefan van Dockum from Colours
- Kern Herskind Hansen
- Vincent van Middendorp from Evident Interactive
- Sean Kearney from Hedgehog Development
- Andreas Bergström from Metamatrix
- Jens Mikkelsen from Pentia
- Matt Hovany from The Revere Group
- Aren Cambre from Southern Methodist University
- Gabriel Boys from Velir
I did my best to collate the blogs and company websites of the 2009 MVPs. If I got any wrong please let me know so I can update the links. Especially for the non-English sites 🙂 .
Mark Cassidy (fellow MVP) compiled a very good list of the 2008 MVPs at http://www.cassidy.dk/blog/sitecore/2009/01/sitecore-mvps-announced.html. As you can see, MVP is not just for bloggers. It is an award for anyone who promotes and evangelises Sitecore and knowledge about developing with Sitecore.
Sitecore MVP awards last for 2 years, so all the 2008 MVPs (one of which is me) still stand. This brings the total worldwide MVP count to 27. Actually, I think it’s more like 25 cause you lose MVP status if you start working for Sitecore as the MVP award is for professionals outside of Sitecore.
And I’ve gotta say, given what I was shown as an MVP last year before the rest of the crowd, I’m quite excited at what I might be privy to this year.
Congratulations to all the 2009 Sitecore MVPs. If we manage to meet up I’ll show you the secret handshake 🙂 .